21 January, 2019

Revisiting Tuesdays With Morrie

An old man, a young man and life's greatest lesson
Every book I read gives me a sense of perspective depending on when I read it. I underline what I like and when I read the book later or lend it to someone, I like how it comes back with new sentences underlined and a fresh perspective. Around 15 years ago, my dear friend Aarti and I fell in love with the book and ever since, we've shared this love for the author across continents.
Now, I'm reading the author's The Next Person You Meet In Heaven and I cannot start without reading Tuesdays With Morrie again. The book is a beautiful eulogy to a mentor. I re read the book recently and had a new perspective. There is a line from the book that says "The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. We're teaching the wrong things. And you have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it. Create your own. Most people can't do it." This line has given me a fresh take on life and given me a whole new inspired perspective on parenting.
#tuesdayswithmorrie

No comments:

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...