09 January, 2019

Power of Vision - how 2018 was and how i hope 2019 could be

At the end of 2017, I was inspired to create a vision board for myself. I sought out inspiration and it was so close to home in Durgesh Nandini. I created my vision board and at the end of 2018 I saw my vision board and understood how much a clear vision for something helps allow you to focus towards it better.

There were many things that fell into place with a little more focus and patience. Some things didn't go close to getting done or even planning - for over five years I've wanted to see The Taj Mahal and I havent. I had it on my vision board for 2018 and it didn't happen, I will be putting it on my 2019 board as well. Most of the visions I had for 2018 have now become a part of life. Mentally, it has changed my thought process so much - or may be I'm just getting old.

While I envisioned my 2019 - I knew I wanted to change my food habits and include a lot of fruits. I wanted a menu set in place and a meal plan that made sure the three of us ate healthy and tasty. I started off early last year on prepping meals for the week. Although I couldn't stick to a menu on a weekly basis, I did cook all three meals till Swiggy made it's way into my life. Our relationship with Swiggy is super strict and she knows it - once a week only if we haven't eaten non veg anywhere outside the whole week. Swiggy understands.

Food prep is a fun thing I've been doing. Grocery would be bought - veggies washed and cut and put into boxes for salads or poriyal. Fruits washed and cut and put into ziplock bags for smoothies. Handbag salads would be emptied on days of work. It was such a fun routine to start with and now has become a habit. This year I plan on learning to make sauces and condiments at home - like peanut butter and Nutella. Healthier I'm guessing!

I did the occasional workout sessions but couldn't keep up with their time table because of lack of time. Netflix and Prime had me hooked. I know, but also, I did read a lot in 2018 so I'm kinda say we can catch up with workout refreshers in 2019. So, that's one that still needs work on - and stays on my board.

This year, I've decided to finally dust off the DSLR and shake up the hidden photographer in me and try taking more pictures again. I still do on my phone - but no Pixel can give that awesome look of holding a dslr and squinting for a lovely picture.

G man and I have decided to document all the books we read. Pictures, review and since my son can now write and give his opinion - he's going to review his books on paper while I review every book I read on my blog. Hoping to keep this alive forever!

Looking forward to keep 2019 a healthy and inspired year and hoping to make these little changes a part of life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome pragi. All the very best for all your efforts. Love to see you write more.

Aishwarya Balaji said...

Your vision for 2019 is realistic. Hoping to see a lot of book reviews because I've decided to read a lot in 2019😊 Great going prags🤗

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...