Statistics about my computer usage will say I spend 1 out of 5 minutes on Facebook. Hehe! Ask me and I will say I'm doing nothing on FB! I came across something while I was doing nothing. It was a community of those kids who grew in India in the 90s. I read through the list and all I could do was smile. It was like a list of things in my life. I've just copied the whole thing below and removed those I haven't been a pat of!
2) Cricket is almost a religion for you, and you idolize at least one of Kapil Dev/Rahul Dravid/Sachin Tendulkar/Saurav Ganguly - Sachin Tendulkar!
3) You have read at least some Chacha Chaudhary or Tinkle comics - My dad saw me buy it on the train once and he subscribed for Champak, Gokulam and Tinkle!
7) You watched Cartoon Network, and then the late night movies on TNT that came after Cartoon Network ended. - Yes! I remember watching Popeye show and wished it never ended when the TNT network started.
11) A visit to Hot Breads used to mean a special treat - Remember how my parents bought me stuff from Hot Breads Ooty every weekend.
15) You have played ‘Uma Joshi’ more times than you can remember. - My mother she toldme a 50 years ago...
17) Much of your free time in school was spent playing UNO. - and battleship, seven stones
18) You collected trump cards of wrestlers, cricketers, and airplanes, and did not quite understand why your younger siblings were obsessed with Pokemon and the other Japanese trends that followed. - I wonder even now! Pikachoo!
19) Your summer vacations were often synonymous with visiting your grandparents - Coimbatore!!!
21) Bole mere lips, I love uncle Chips! - And the free pen they gave along with that!
22) You know the song ‘Made in India’ by Alisha Chinoi - Hahaha!!
27) You couldn’t wait to start 4th/6th standard so you could start writing with PENS instead of with pencils! - OOHH Yes! I bought 2 bottles of ink to make sure my familt thought I was studying hard!
28) You often use terms and phrases like ‘kutti’, ‘abba’, ‘same to you, back to you, with no returns’, and ‘shame shame, puppy shame, all the donkeys know your name. - I use them even now!
33) You remember the Orissa cyclone, even though you didn’t know what a cyclone was. - God yes, we went around the block and collected t shirts to send to the affected there.
34) You remember the Gujarat earthquake very clearly and could possibly tell everyone EXACTLY what you were doing when the earthquake occurred (yes, this happened in 2001, January 26, 2001)
39) Captain Planet was your first introduction to environmental consciousness. - He's the hero, he will bring pollution down to zero! GOOO PLANET!!!
41) You have had endless packets of Parle Gluco G biscuits, and of Brittania Little Hearts biscuits. - I do still!
42) You loved licking off the cream from the centre of Bourbon biscuits. - Still!!
43) There were no Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Puma- Bata and Liberty was the way to go for your sports shoes. - Nay, I used only NIKE - Did i mention my dad still spoils me?
44) You have probably consumed more Frooti in your lifetime than there is oil in Iraq. - Also, Jumpin!
52) You thought Mario and Tetris were the coolest things ever invented, especially if you were a boy. - Why, I played Mario and Claw all my child hood!
64) You remember the Nirma girl.
65) You remember the 'doodh doodh' ad and also the 'roz khao andey' ads. - Dhoodh dhoodh dhoodh hai wonderful!
66) You grew up reading, if you read at all, some or all of Nancy Drews, Enid Blyton books, Hardy Boys, Babysitters Club, Animorphs, Goosebumps, Sweet Valley series, Judy Blumes, and Tintin, or Archie comics. Because naturally, reading foreign authors made you much cooler than reading Tinkle. - Haha! Hell yes!
67) Towards the late 90s (1998-99) at least some of us started our Harry Potter obsessions! - I did!
71) Maggi 2 Minute Noodles = ultimate snack (and tiffin, lunch, dinner)!
This was soo much fun! :)
With the start of the academic year here, life is almost back to the grind. School is priority uno for both G boy and me. This year looks pr...
I'm so proud I can up with this title - I got all A's! Why the title? - I'll get to that. Someone's FB status said ' D...
Okay I've just reswound this entire year and gone.. wow, that was fast! It was probably the fastest year but truly, I haven't accomp...
I've turned 31! And February is almost gone.. just tomorrow left. Well, so far 2018 has been fabulous! Packed, busy, satisfying. We'...