17 June, 2017

What's in your bag? What's in your car?

To remain inpsired and to keep the writing going, I've taken up 30 topics to write about - one everyday for a month. Apparently doing something the same way for 21 days makes it a part of your daily routine, so let's give it a go.

Writers block is my best friend so these topics do come in handy. I did pick out the best few that made sense and remained informative. Mommies who juggle part time work, maintain a home, cook, clean, iron and chauffer your little ones around - hi five! Give us something more, and we will do it just as well. Well, today I chose to write about two topics - What's in your bag and car?

Juggling a life like this may seem like a lot of things to carry around, but recently when I moved out of my in laws home to an apartment, I discovered the Konmari method of decluttering. This method has been a blessing. I've gotten rid of so much stuff which has helped mentally as well. I didn't stick to the method too much - but whatever worked for me I chose to go with it.

What's in my bag?!
Well, I carry the Longchamp tote with a small handle. Its one of those totes that folds back into a small wallet sized thing during storage. For those who have been struggling to make the change from carrying a diaper bag that held everything including your foldable tent for the kid, this bag, I highly recommend you start with a tote. Let's face it, none of us have Hermoine's extension charm to hold the whole world in it anyway!

1) Lip balm - if you are someone who carried it around, you know my emotion.
2) Wallet - cards, change, ID cards and driving license
3) Charge bank - Having taken the plunge to use an iphone, it's so necessary to stick to using a phone bank cause well, it is an iphone.
4) Jio - well, Padhu and I took the plunge to use Jio portable wifi and believe me I'm not complaining. It's quick and it's not heavy or expensive.
5) Water


What's in my car?!

I wanted to write about this because G man and I commute by car for everything. (Also because I don't know how to ride a two wheeler and thus do not have a license for the same). We spend a lot of time in the car and I stick to some things when in the car.

1) Sunglasses - for both of us
2) Bits of fabric - we make squares of fabric and keep them in the car to use as napkins in case of snack spillage.
3) Snacks - I may as well travel with a fridge now but I'm waiting for automobiles to catch up and come to that point when we can afford it.
4) A big basket - I keep a big basket in the boot so when we go shopping I don't end up carrying heavy bags. Instead I just put them in the basket and carry the basket. It's easier on the fingers.
5) Empty tiffin box and empty water bottle - This you will understand if you are a roadside shopper like G man and I are. We buy nongu and theluvu (Palm fruit and palm juices) and coconut water frequently. These empty vessels don't make much noise.
6) Cloth bags - The dash always has cloth bags so we can stop at the farmers market to pick up fruits and veggies. The bag goes back to the dash after use.
7) Travel pillow - I got a pillow cover made that can be fitted to the seat belt. When G man dozes off on the way home or school, he doesn't hurt his head anywhere. It's just one of those things that is better by being there!

What do you keep in your bag and car?



















No comments:

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...