30 January, 2019

Homemade Nutella

Of all mommies, we all know that those junk feeding mommies are the ones judged the most! Im going to make a confession - I'm a junk feeding mommy. I find bread with a spread is sometimes the easiest snack. I do allow biscuits and cookies more than once in a while. Nutella and Skippy peanut butter find a place in my shopping list and cupboard always. 
My entire family loves Nutella - well, who doesn't? But as my son grew, I realised that Nutella was becoming a part of our everyday routine. 
I recently did take a reroute towards more nourished eating and found Nutella 's nutrition was mostly fats. I wanted to find an alternative to this and found the Pick Up Limes Website. Pick Up Limes was a timely find for renewing my vows with nutritious eating. I began doing the job of reading labels before buying packaged food. Then slowly, I learned to go back to my old ways of not buying anything that came in a packet.
I wanted to learn to make a cheaper and more healthy version of a homemade Nutella. One of my visions in 2019 was to learn to make homemade sauces and condiments. Making Nutella or something similar to that was on my list. I researched a lot online to find doable recipes of nutritious everyday things that we can substitute instead of store bought items. 
I did the necessary shopping for Homemade Nutella - well, here goes the list of ingredients
Hazelnuts - 2 cups
Melted dark chocolate - 2 cups
Melted coconut oil - 3 tbsps
Dry Roast hazelnuts in a pan and add then to your processor. Start your processor on pulse mode first and then slowly increase the speed. As they grind, they let out their oils and get into a close to spreadable consistency. Add the melted chocolate and oil inside and blitz again. Once it becomes non granular and spreadable - shift to an air tight jar and refrigerate. Use on anything you like to accompany Nutella for!  It's healthier and tasty as well! 

No comments:

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...