16 June, 2011

Belief

Being in the choir and learning table manners was probably the top 2 on the things that I learnt at Nazareth Convent. I was the only one from my class to be in the choir and the youngest choir member. Of course, after that I left the school :(

There was a particular hymn I loved. A few lines from the hymn..

'I believe in every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows.
Every time I hear a new born baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky...
Then I know why - I believe!'

I was the kinda child who wanted to sleep a lot. I'm still. I was a frequent visitor to the infirmary (sick room) in Nazareth. But on those days when I truly fell ill, I would hug my doll and sleep. While awake, I would stare up at the antique ceilings of my British built Alma Mater and sing this song softly. '...or touch a leaf, or see the sky'

Honestly, I never believed in anything. Anybody, yes - anything, no. But this song always stayed with me to tell me that I DID believe.

I was humming this song throughout last week. Made me wonder how all these years this one particular song stuck with me more than the other hymns.

Most people still believe there is a pot of gold under the two ends of a rainbow. With the rising prices of gold, I wonder if talking about this is gonna be chargeable!

No comments:

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...