31 May, 2011

The Kerala effect

The beauty of Kerala has affected me. I'm in love with the place and since Padhu has promised a trip once in a while there, I'm already looking forward to the next one. I was walking around with my camera a lott there.

The roads had hibiscus plants fully bloom and I say it again - green everywhere. I loved how almost every house I noticed had their own patch of kappa plants. Ok Kappa is Tapioca in English, Kutchi Kezhangu (for those who know Tamil). In Kerala they make a sabji out of kappa which is mostly bland but delicious if made the right way. All one needs to grow a kappa plant is take a small piece from a healthy stem of a grown plant and there's ur sapling! Ten months for a healthy kappa root!

The resort had banana trees all over. As if it weren't green enough!! Arecanut trees were also around most of the places. Evertime i looked at a patch that had various shades of green, I'd tap Padhu on his shoulder to show it to him. After a while he was so bugged - he stopped responding!


I'm sting stung by the Kerala bug - Will stop posting unnecessarily once the poison wears off.

No comments:

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...