07 January, 2019

A day in the life of Me.




A day in the life of Me. 
Wake, brush - jiggle wiggle.
Try opening my eyes with sleep stuck in the middle.
A steaming coffee, a slice of bread,
Oh, how I'd like to just snuggle back to bed. 
Hug, shake the little piece of my heart,
Always lie to him, that in his sleep he did fart. 
Hurried bath and hurried breakfast,
After which my eyes do get some rest. 
Oh no, wait! There's another boy to wake,
After our vows, his name I did take. 
Another coffee, a little meal idly,
Bid goodbye to the husband, by the doorknob that's fiddly. 
Devour the paper and Instagram,
Till I realise, there's work to do - let's scram. 
A quick bath and a scurry,
Off to meet the kids who are waiting for their story. 
Hugs and screams for stories to share,
When with these kids, there's nothing else to care. 
Bid goodbyes to the teenies after class,
Pick up the heartlet and head out at last. 
Extra class and sand play for evenings,
And then it's time for tea - Twinnings! 
Then it's the debate of whats for dinner,
The hubby or the sons choice - who's the winner?! Dinner's at eight,
Everyday a date. 
With a handsome little boy,
Who's so shy, he cannot be coy. 
Then comes the the days best,
Two little knees nudging into my chest,
Sleep comes with conditions - Kicks tosses and turns,
Bedlight has to be on even if ur eye burns. 
Try asking your child,
Everyday in their sleep,
Who's your favorite?
Daddy or me?
Ours says both in his stoned sleep,
No matter how annoying long our pranks we keep. 
Date number 2 is grown-up and subtle,
Till we hit the bed and cuddle. 
Wake, brush - jiggle wiggle. 
Wake, brush - jiggle wiggle. 
If you've read till the end, 
You should remember,
I'm doing stories in the form of poems,
With children in December. 
I'm trying to rhyme and at a loss of words,
I just realised I can now use the word 'turds'. #storypoems #dayinthelifeofmeLet's listen to your day in the form of a poem.

Winter soup - Recipe

Hello All! Winter does call for some cozy and cuddly food. My first choice for cuddly winter food would be a  good bowl of soup. Initia...